Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A flower can say it all

There's something so refreshing about tulips. It could be their vibrant colours peppered around the cities, indicating that Spring is officially underway. It could be that each of their colours represent a beautiful symbolism that, upon receiving a tulip, could say more than any words could reveal.




It could mean that you just want to put a smile on someone's face, but don't quite know how to do it.

We've put our condo on the market yesterday as we are moving more North and out of the busy city life of rattling trucks, shrieking sirens and bustling buses. I decided to put a flower theme for each room. Just to tell a story and give the potential buyers a chance to portray their own story.

I put the yellow tulips in our living room. I love the freshness and cheerfulness that it portrays. Our place was full of happiness as my daughter spent her first two years here. There's an overwhelming sense of attachment to this place. It's my daughter's first home and although that may not mean much to my daughter now, I do find every "first" that she has to be special. Okay, scratch that - not every first. I could go without her first reflux spell..her first cold..her first vaccination..oh. shudder.


I went with intimacy with our bedroom. I wanted to invite a coziness and sense of warmth. Roses. Roses are breathtakingly beautiful and extremely intimate. They are the ultimate indulgence of flowers. Roses are meant for the special occasions and for the words that you find yourself fumbling for. Or may be it's not the words you're looking for ..winkwinknudgenudge


Finally, I went with a lily for our TV area. I find them so irresistible and fragrant. They're so casual without being overbearingly so.


I really may just dump all the flowers in the trash if we don't sell the place by the end of the week! I'm quite low on patience, you see.......

5 comments:

  1. Your condo is gorgeous Sarah! I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it at all :) You've got quite a talent for photography.
    Now, you have to tell me the secret - HOW ON EARTH do you keep it so clean with a toddler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks lovely Sarah. Fingers crossed for a quick sale xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm with Vikki, how is it so clean?

    Love the flower idea. I love flowers, miss working with them. You've reminded me what it is I'm supposed to be doing with myself other than being home with kids all day, lol.

    Hope you see your place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love tulips. Your place is just gorgeous, and I totally understand about the sentimentality behind your daughter's "firsts".

    Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments.

    I'm lucky, but also unlucky, that she doesn't play with toys. And she's been sick this whole week so she's more into "mommymommymommymommymommymommy!" rather than self entertaining.

    ReplyDelete